San Jose Short Sale Agent
Born and raised in Silicon Valley Bay Area, San Jose Short Sale Agent, Kathleen Daniels is a results-oriented, self-directed professional with over 10 years of experience as a real estate paralegal. Kathleen also has over 10 years of experience in sales, business development, management, and consulting services. Kathleen’s business acumen sets her apart in the real estate industry. She has proven analytical, negotiation, and communication skills.
Kathleen earned her degree in sociology and psychology from San Jose State University in 1975. She completed the Business Administration program Summa cum laude at UCSC in 2001. Kathleen is committed to ongoing education and professional development to ensure she maintains the highest standards in the industry.
As a real estate professional, Kathleen Daniels understands that clients are putting one of their most important investments – the purchase or sale of their home – into her hands. That’s a role Kathleen embraces with extreme care and compassion. “I want to make a difference in my client’s lives,” she says. “To do so, I put my heart and soul into this important step in their lives.”
Kathleen lives her life by the Golden Rule. She is an animal lover and advocate and supports many charities.
Kathleen Daniels is a professional with over 20 years of combined experience in real estate, business development, operations, project management, marketing programs, sales support, paralegal services, and consulting.
Experience & Qualifications
- Paralegal – Real Estate and Business Law. In-depth knowledge of contracts and real estate terminology, and inter-dependencies within contracts, combined with over 20 years of experience provide a competitive advantage in any market.
- Contract Negotiator. Over 20 years of experience in writing and negotiating contracts. Contract values exceed $15 million dollars. Experience equals confidence in any situation.
- Santa Clara County Real Estate Specialist. Market knowledge permits leverage in negotiations, which produces beneficial results.
- Market Strategist. Design and implement effective marketing and pricing strategies in ever-changing and diverse markets. Focus brings financial rewards.
- Leadership. Manage and mentor cross-functional teams. Drive sales and escrow process to completion on schedule.
- Relationship Management. Established a network of service team professionals, sharing value-based business practices, integrated business processes, and business systems providing exceptional service and convenience to our clients.
- Established Service Expert. Listening and focusing on client needs produces desired results. Client satisfaction is Kathleen’s guarantee.
Top Sales (2005 – 2011)
Top Negotiator (2006 – 2011)
Kathleen Daniels became an Independent Broker, doing business as, KD Realty, effective March 12, 2012. Although she has received many, Kathleen is not about awards. What matters to her is providing a high level of service to her clients. While awards stopped when she became an Independent Broker, her high level of service continues.
Project Management, Boston University
Business Administration, University of Santa Cruz
B.A. Degree, San Jose State University, San Jose CA
Licenses & Certifications
Broker License, California Department of Real Estate (DRE# 01366594)
REO Default Certified Professionals (RDCPro)
Certified Distressed Property Experts (CDPE)
Certified Short Sale Negotiator (CSSN)
Certified HAFA Specialist (CHS)
Memberships & Affiliations
Silicon Valley Association of Realtors
California Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
REOPro Default Professionals
Distressed Property Institute
Referring specifically to real estate, a short sale is when a homeowner sells their property for less than the amount owed on their mortgage. The homeowner is required to demonstrate financial hardship and the lender must approve the short sale. If there is more than one mortgage on the property, the second mortgage holder must also approve the sale and in most cases, agree to accept substantially less than what is owed. The lender in the first position decides the amount the second lender will get.
As a San Jose Short Sale Agent, Kathleen understands the complexities of listing, managing, and negotiating a lender-approved short sale. It requires training and patience. And it takes time. Kathleen knows there is no such thing as a short sale timeline – not in terms of how long it will take to get lender approvals. All lenders and servicers are different. It also is a matter of how frequently the short sale agent calls the lender to get updates and how quickly the required documents are submitted to the lender for review and approval.
Kathleen brings years of experience to the table. She has worked with contracts for many years and is a trained and highly skilled negotiator.
A word of caution to homeowners in financial distress who are considering a short sale. You want to hire an experienced short-sale agent who manages the short-sale process with the lender. Many agents just take the listing and pay someone else to work with the lenders. Kathleen knows from experience that this causes a breakdown in communication.
Buying a short-sale home also requires patience. Communication is key with the buyer’s real estate agent as well. Keeping the buyer’s real estate agent updated on a weekly basis increases the probability that the buyer will wait for the lender’s approval so they can move forward with their purchase.
If you need to complete a short sale on your home, hire Kathleen Daniels, San Jose Short Sale Agent. Kathleen personally manages all of her files. All of her clients are treated with dignity, honor, and respect. Contact Kathleen for a complimentary no-obligation consultation.